I love this assignment for the summer. As I am finishing grading my online summer class projects, I am looking forward to tackling more of this list and my own list. However, earlier this year, I felt my life was unbalanced with work, family, fun, and devoting some time just for me… so I’ve been working on finding that balance….and, I feel like I am achieving it.
Here’s some things I’ve been doing:
- I spent this Spring training and ran my first half marathon. It was a fabulous experience. In fact, I am going to register for the MO’ Cowbell half marathon this Fall.
- I’ve made some new friends. It’s been great getting to know new people.
- I’m walking and/or jogging with new friends.
- We joined the Kroc Center and the kiddos and I have been finding time to swim, rock climb, and play basketball.
- I read at least 10 pages per night of a self-help/self-improvement type book.
- We adopted a dog from the Quincy Humane Society, and I’ve surprised myself at how much I am enjoying having a dog in the house. I’ve even “gotten over” the shedding!
- I’ve enrolled the kiddos in various summer camps! That’s a win-win….they get to learn something new and meet new people and I get a little free time.
- I’m worry much less about the small things…for example, I broke my smart phone and didn’t freak out about it. That’s huge for me.
- I’m shutting down the technology more and more and taking more time for self-reflection, exercising, and just hanging out with the family.
- I’m the happiest and most content I’ve ever been in my life. It’s wonderful.
Take a few minutes to read this article and make your own list. Spend some time for yourself and getting to know you…you are worth it. via Get Off The Computer And Complete This Italian Teacher’s Summer Assignment. You Won’t Regret It..